Benefits of an Independent Living Community
April 30, 2018
Independent living communities are a great option post retirement. These facilities are designed for seniors who are still very healthy and can take care of their day to day tasks without assistance or constant monitoring. Independent living facilities allow seniors to make their own schedule as well as participate in community events as they please.
Benefits of independent living communities include:
- Residents are not responsible for maintenance including indoor, outdoor and common areas. Seniors can spend their time doing more enjoyable things than fixing problems around their home.
- Planned activities and events allow residents to socialize with other seniors.
- Many facilities provide an all-inclusive rent, with tv, internet, phone, heat, electric and water included. This saves seniors the worry of having to watch or pay the bills.
- Most independent living facilities offer great amenities like fitness centers, wellness programs, spas, pools and gyms. Having all these offerings available in one place makes it easier to enjoy them.
- While communities don’t offer care, if a resident needs emergency assistance, it is always close by. These communities give family the peace of mind that their loved one is safer than at home by themselves.
Independent living residents who need in home care can call on Guardian Angels HomeCare. Our home health aides and skilled nurses are trained and educated to treat a wide variety of conditions and diseases in your own home. We recognize that every day at home is a blessing and will help provide your loved one with a better quality of life. To learn more about Guardian Angels HomeCare, contact us through our website by clicking here, or by giving us a call at 203-439-7731.